UBC Vancouver International Leader of Tomorrow Award if you meet this criteria and wish to apply, see Mrs Glibbery before Oct 23.
A high school or college/university may nominate up to a maximum of two students for UBC’s International Leader of Tomorrow (ILOT) Award for study at UBC’s Vancouver campus. The ILOT Award recognizes students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
To be considered for the ILOT Award for the Vancouver campus, the nominee must:
• be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa);
• be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program at Vancouver campus from a recognized secondary school, or transferring from a recognized college or other university;
• be applying for their first undergraduate degree;
• be admissible to the first choice program they are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard (visit you.ubc.ca for detailed admissions information);
• have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard);
• be nominated by the academic institution they are currently attending or have recently graduated from (university/college transfer students must be nominated by their university or college);
• demonstrate a significant level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree.