Expand your family, Expand your World!
Full-year, half-year and short term respite families needed
Looking for caring homes of all kinds
Goals of the Program
The goal of the program is cultural integration and experience. As a host family, you will be responsible for exposing the student to as many new Canadian experiences as you can. You can involve the student in everything from grocery shopping to family special events to hiking or walking in the parks. Just share and show the student what your life in Canada is like.
About You and Your Family
- You have time and space to share with an international student
- You can spend time together, do activities and show the Canadian way of life
- You can provide a separate bedroom for the student(s) for the entire program
- You are able to facilitate transportation as needed (i.e. pick up from activities)
- You will provide three meals per day (including lunches for school) and suitable snacks
- You are willing to submit to a criminal record check and an interview / home inspection by our Homestay Coordinator
- Host families receive a tax-free allowance of $900 per month (eff: Aug 1/19) per student (maximum 2 students).
- Partial months are compensated on a per night basis. If the student is in your home for less than the full month, the amount will be pro-rated by 1/30th for each night the student is in your home.
- Direct Deposit payments will appear in your bank account on the Friday following the second Wednesday of the month. For example, compensation for the month of January would be deposited on the Friday following the second Wednesday in January.
- Homestay coordinator support
- Academic support from International Principal
- International student activities on Pro-D days
- Weekend and/or vacation coverage or emergency respite coverage can be arranged.
How to Apply
- Click on Host Family Homestay Application Form
- Fill out the form
- Save As ... the form to your computer
- Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment
- If computers are not your thing, just call us! 250-770-7700 ext. 6274